I’ve currently got several instructional programs in the works for public and academic libraries and classrooms. Programs will focus on social media and include:
- Your Public Profile: Self-Maintenance Tools
- Facebook: Fundamentals and Privacy
- Twitter 101
- LinkedIn for Beginners
Following are several products which aided the presentation of individual and collaborative projects designed for exploration of various areas of library and information science. This page will soon include an instructional video on social media privacy and maintaining one’s public profile.
- This SlideShare presentation was a companion piece to a pathfinder created hypothetically for the Chicago Public Library. (Click to view pathfinder.) The pathfinder presentation highlights resources for librarians and independent researchers of information on renewable and alternative energy sources.
- A bibliographic list of resources in multiple formats, this was a printable companion to a presentation on humanities resources for a hypothetical library special collection dedicated to the Harlem Renaissance.
View the collection’s website at http://harlem740.wordpress.com/.
Albany Park, Chicago, IL
- My first use of cloud-based presentation software SlideShare, this slideshow was created to assist a presentation on places and resources in the Albany Park neighborhood of Chicago. The presentation focused on the vastly diverse neighborhood’s demographics and its many different humanities-related resources available for learning and entertainment.